On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 04:52:01PM +0200, Georg Vollnhals wrote:
> due to my bad english knowledge I will repeat some technical expressions in
> German, Melchior Franz will understand it:

I'm Austrian! Well, I do of course understand some German words ...
And by the way, your English seems fine for someone who isn't
native speaker either.  :-)

[...]
> Normally (modern helos) there is no clutch between working part of turbine
> and main-gear.

OK, that explains Martin's and my experience. The AB204 (where I
observed engines first, then rotor) is *really* old. (We used it
until a few years ago, nevertheless.) Although the Bo105 isn't exactly
a modern helicopter, either, I'll now go for the no-clutch version.

> If you lock your rotor brake when starting a turbine you will burn the
> blades of the working turbine part - good luck!

Once I implement the rotor brake, I'll need to know what I had
to expect & model in this case. (High temperature in both turbines?
Unpleasant noise? Warining light/sound? :-)

> If your Rotor is faster then the turbine (naturally gear between) you have a
> free wheel (Freilauf), also needed for autorotation.

Unfortunately, the FDM doesn't support autorotation yet.

Thanks for the offer to answer further questions. I will sure
contact you for some more detail. Until the FDM is more refined,
I'll re-write the turbine fake code and write a patch to adjust
the rotor RPM via property. I'll also try to make use of "real"
YASim turbines. (Someone else will probably have to care for the
glue code, that defines how turbines and rotor should interact.)

Thanks for the manual link (I'll download it as soon as I'm
back at my machine -- I'm in exile and handling email via
telnet/mutt on a Win95/100MHz/8MB machine; very painful! :-/ )
and many thanks for your detailed explanations. Prepare for
being abused as a beta tester!  ;-)

m.