Jon Stockill wrote:

Those demos are based on festival 1.4 - the prerelease of 2.0 includes a synthesis module called multisyn, which is a great improvement on the older modules. http://flightgear.stockill.org.uk/testing/atis.wav contains the synthesised text of an atis transmission using one of the multisyn voices.

Thanks for the clarification and the example - it does indeed sound already quite usable, particularly taking into account that your example file did not even make use of any customized language model !

Now, I am really tempted to look for online ATC streams in order to have
festival speak to me even more aviation-like ;-)

I only wonder, how long the actual calculation of a new language model
takes - any ideas ?

-------- Boris