On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 23:51:46 +0200, Boris wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Oliver C. wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 September 2004 20:38, Boris Koenig wrote:
> >
> >>Making VATSIM/IVAO people switch to something like what Arnt
> >>suggested, would really require to incorporate so many new
> >>things ...just to make the change really feasible.
> >>

> > There's also a third ATC online network,
> > VATSIM and IVAO are not the only ones.
> > The third one is called FLIGHTPROJECT international  (FPI).
> > It is newer and with about only 10000 users a little smaller
> > than VATSIM or IVAO but it is maybe a chance to ask them
> > if they want to work together with FlightGear.
> >
> > Here's the link:
> > http://www.flightproject.net/
>
> yes, I did also stumble across FPI, but I read somewhere
> they were affiliated with Micro$oft directly ?
>
> I didn't verify that information, but to be honest, I didn't
> bother to mention them because of that ...
>
> But yes, you're right: BEFORE there are any efforts started,
> one should also talk to them, they might even be a bit more
> 'motivated' because of their situation in comparison with
> VATSIM/IVAO, so maybe they're even more willing to 'change' ;-)
>
> I will check their webpage tomorrow ...but even if they aren't
> affilliated with MS, I did also read they would so far ONLY
> suppport the MS FS ... :-/

..that could be a camel herd they swallowed to get started not knowing
us, and it could be a Microsoft strawman front to lock in people.

..but can we _shanghai_ them???  I mean forcefully?  ;-)
http://www.flightproject.net/index.php?PID=5&Setpage=

..precisely _how_ is the DAFIF database licensed?  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: