----- Original Message -----
From: "Frederic Bouvier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 3:15 AM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] crease patch and Dlists - maybe answer VBOs?

> Selon Roman Grigoriev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > Hi guys!
> > Dlist can't solve the promplem IMHO
> > The right answer is VBO
> > I don't understand why you don't want to include this nice feature to
> > flightgear
> > All modern hardware support them. I wrote them year ago and Erik made a
> > patch
>
> Post that kind of thing on the plib list.
Plib is dead now and there is no future on it. IMHO
> Display lists are available today and they make a huge difference.
Frederic could you please tell me you position about VBOs - include to fgfs
or not and Please argument it.
But there are some problems in acceleration Dlists between redeons and
geforces
VBOs support now is good for both vendors
There is another HUGE problem in fgfs - tile managment on high speed
aircrafts.
I wrote it in the list. It needs some time to compile display lists and
there are some noticeble delays. when tiles loads. It's ok for 1km DEMs but
if you got 100 meters DEMs you got this