Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> * Martin Spott -- Friday 15 October 2004 12:20:
> > O.k., now I know that VBO stands for the vertex_buffer_object OpenGL
> > extention, which is, for example, _not_ present in XFree86-4.3 !
> > I assume VBO is therefore not a valid choice,

> Wrong assumption. I see no problem if fgfs/sg/plib tries to detect certain
> capabilities and uses them if available, [...]

Would this mean PLIB behaving as sort of an adaptive layer between FG
and X11 or how would this work ?

> [...] as long that causes no problems
> for others. (And XFree86 4.3 -- or rather XFree86 altogether -- is obsolete.)

I dislike the recent XFree86 development as well as you do, but one
should face the fact that it's still in use and will be quite for some
time in the future. We can provide an updated PLIB source tree if we
like that includes changes that are neither in the latest PLIB release
nor in PLIB CVS, but we can't supply the user with the whole display
subsystem that's required for using Flightgear.

Well, als long as PLIB behaves adaptive this wouldn't matter,

Martin.