Oliver C. wrote:

Instead of writing our own scenegraph we could switch from Plib to Open Scene Graph.
Open Scene Graph is in active development and has a large
user base, even commercial games use it.

From the OSG introduction:
"Open Scene Graph is published under the Open Scene Graph Public License (a relaxed version on the LGPL) which allows both open source and closed source projects to use, modify and distribute it freely as long its usage complies with the OSGPL. "

The website:
www.openscenegraph.org
http://66.220.18.234/introduction/index.html

And with osgSDL we could osg together with the SDL library where the latter one could be used for the rest, like input and such things.
http://osgsdl.sourceforge.net/

Oliver,

For what it's worth I am very interested in OSG. One of the lead OSG developers and I have some interesting connections. He is a strong interest in flight simulation, and I think we could get help when we needed it and possibly assistance with new feature development in OSG if we needed. It would be no small task to switch over from plib to OSG, but I think if we can figure out a way to do it, we will be better off in the long run. There are strong indications that plib will eventually catch up with the current state of computer graphics, but it may not be for months or years ...

Regards,