On Friday 15 October 2004 15:10, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> Vassilii Khachaturov wrote:
> >Are there ways to make FGFS render its view as a 3D
> > "red/blue" picture, i.e. where the rendering of each frame
> > is done twice, once for each eye (i.e. slightly offset view)
> > and with some colors filtered for each half?
> >
> >Is it possible by pure configuration (what should I look at
> > then?)
>
> You would have to draw the scene twice ... once shaded blue
> and once shaded red from different perspectives with partial
> transparency each time.  I'm not sure how easy that would be
> to do, certainly you would need to dig in the code to make it
> happen.
>
> Perhaps you could leverage two computers with two lcd
> projectors, put a red filter on one lense and a blue filter on
> the other lense (or clip the RG lines on one vga cable and the
> BG cables on the other?), draw each scene from a slightly
> different persective, and then project both scenes onto the
> same screen?
>
> You could do something similar with polarized light and two
> projectors and glasses where each lense filters out light that
> is orthogonal to the other lense.  I've seen that done ... the
> projectors are cheap and alignment is a pain, but the result
> can be quite effective.
>
> Regards,
>
> Curt.

I haven't tried it (of course;) but how about...

...a three FG instance set-up?

Run the FDM on one system, which then feeds two _display_
instances, each with a slightly different viewpoint, and feed
the video output from the two display instances into the left
and right sides of a pair of 3d glasses...

LeeE