"Roman Grigoriev" wrote:

> VBOs are supported by ATIs and Nvidias in latest drivers so don't worry
> about it
> Long time ago I asked list about transitions my shaders from nvidia to ati.
> flightgear maintainers said that we don't need this
> so if you choose three years old visual - it your decision

I don't see a problem here as long as there's a suitable fallback on
systems that don't support certain extensions. As far as I remebmer the
changes that you proposed in the past were heavily NVidia-specific.
O.k., now they might work on ATI's drivers as well but this is still
not a solution that I'd call conformant to the FlightGear's project
effort to keep things portable,

Martin.