Jeroen Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
If you browse my site, you might find other goodies that could be
interesting for FlightGear. I won't do MSFS, so it looks like I'm stuck with
you for a while   :-)

It was kind of an understatement so say "you might find other goodies" :-)

There's really A LOT of interesting stuff on your page !
Some things even seem to be interesting for FlightGear !?

You mentioned the SB744 extension for VATSIM/IVAO:

Out of personal interest I'd like to know, what specific PS1-variables
you make available to VATSIM/IVAO ?

Simply because as you may have read, some people here thought about
exporting the relevant FlightGear variables,too - so that they could
interface FlightGear with such a virtual ATC network.

Maybe you can share some details, that way it would be straight-forward,
to asses how feasible something like that would be for FlightGear.

Is it right to assume that the mentioned "PS1 broker" is essentially
comparable to the FSUIPC DLL in Micro$oft's FS ?

So, the list on your page merely lists the PS1 offsets ?

        http://www.hoppie.nl/ps1addr/list.html

Concerning your "ATC Robot" project ( http://www.hoppie.nl/atcrobot/ ),
it would be interesting to learn more about your plans and if this thing
is likely to become PS1-specific, there was quite a lengthy discussion
here approx. 1-2 weeks ago, about possible ways to incorporate something
similar within FlightGear:

http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel%40flightgear.org/msg26650.html

Also, you mention another interesting project on your webpage:

        http://www.hoppie.nl/mcdu
        http://www.hoppie.nl/mcdu/compare.html

Indeed, something very similar was some time ago mentioned
for FlightGear:

http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel%40flightgear.org/msg26056.html

Harald has even created some preview screenshots of his FMC project:

        http://www.chez.com/tipunch/flightgear

I don't know, how usable your project is already but:

Do you think that parts of your MCDU project could be interfaced to
FlightGear, too ? Or maybe only used for the implementation that
Harald is currently working on ?

-------- Boris