Martin Spott wrote:
Boris Koenig wrote:

So, maybe you can resolve some issues by directly trying to build
the STANDARD package from opentnl.org - possibly, there's even some
info available specific to Solaris.

Huh ? I think:

"Features
  Multiple platform support
    * Windows 98, ME, NT, XP
    * Linux on x86
    * Mac OS X"

.... says it all ....

lol, Martin - I've got good news for you:

        <quote>
        The Torque Network Library runs on the Microsoft Windows, Mac OS
        X and Linux platforms. *A Microsoft XBox version is available
        seperately from GarageGames.com* and future support is planned
        for Sony's Playstation 2 platform.
        </quote>

Which essentially means: get an X-Box or Playstation 2 - instead of a
solaris machine :-)

Anyway, the following sounds rather encouraging:

        <quote>
        TNL compiles under either either Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 or
        Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 2003 on Windows, XCode on Mac OS X and
        with makefiles and GCC on Linux.

In addition, TNL is designed to be easily portable, with all platform specific code contained in a single module. </quote>

So far it seems to be somewhat X86 specific, which would explain why
opentnl doesn't like to run on Solaris :-)

I'll try anyway but it might take some time (which I usually don't have
available ....). I think people usually say "don't hold your breath"  :-)

I think they're running a mailing list, too - I might send them a short questions as to whether it's possible to make the opentnl run on Solaris EASILY, or not ...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/opentnl