----- Original Message -----
From: "Boris Koenig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2004 10:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] File names?

> Martin Spott wrote:
> > John Wojnaroski wrote:
> >

> >>Hope this hasn't confused anyone. There is a file on the SF page called
> >>tnl_head.tgz.
> >

> >>This is a tar file of the header files for the network test build. it is
> >>NOT the tar file tagged as *HEAD* on the OpenTNL website.
> >

> > That's pretty clear. I'm mostly confused because OpenTNL apparently
> > doesn't meet the conventions of FlightGear concerning portability,
>
> Yes, it looks somewhat problematic right now, but otherwise it's not
> yet really a problem, as there hasn't been much code written as of
> now - we might have to check other open source multiplayer/networking
> libraries out, though.

Suggest we take the positive road and make it work. From my perspective it
looks d--- good and since it is open-source as well perhaps the TNL folks
would be willing to work with us. But when it comes to cross-platform
issues, I'll defer to the experts. There was an attempt to make FG
multi-player, but that seems to have receded. I think the TNL library has a
better foundation and capabilities...

Regards
John W.