Hi,

On Freitag 08 Oktober 2004 20:06, Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> > Bug with display lists or bug with my patch?
>
> With your (otherwise excellent) patch. See here for a comparison:
>
>   http://members.aon.at/mfranz/crease-patch.jpeg
I see,

I guess that ordering those objects according to the distance from the camera
does not work for objects that close together. Also I could imagine that the
vertex optimizer feed with the old scene graph reorders the objects in some
way so that this adf.ac worked by accident.

1. Solution:
When I reoderer the objects in adf.ac starting with the farthest object (like
the other 3d instruments' objects are ordered) It is displayed well.

2. Solution:
Tweak ssgSimpleState for materials a bit.

I will vote for the first one. Just because changing how models are reendered
by default is a visible change for all users of plib. So I guess it will be
harder to get such a change in.

Anyway, digging in the internals of ssgSimpleState showed me further room for
improovements ...

Attached is an adf.ac which works with that patch.

     Greetings

          Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AC3Db
MATERIAL "DefaultWhite" rgb 1 1 1  amb 1 1 1  emis 0.15 0.15 0.15  spec 0.5 0.5 0.5
shi 64  trans 0
MATERIAL "Needle" rgb 1 0.8 0  amb 0.5 0.5 0.5  emis 0.15 0.15 0.15  spec 1 1 1  shi
72  trans 0
OBJECT world
kids 3
OBJECT poly