John Wojnaroski wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jon Stockill" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "FlightGear developers discussions" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2004 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Buildiing/running the ATC network test

John Wojnaroski wrote:

Build the TNL libraries first which should produce three static
libraries (libtnl.a, libencrypt.a and libatcmaster.a) which will be
installed in /usr/local/lib/

Built, although I had to build libencrypt.a by running make in its own directory rather than at the top level.

Yes, my fault. Just grabbed what was already there... should have mention that in the build notes I'll add that to the build notes and/or redo the makefile to work with configure.in. Thanks.

Next build the libraries,  the  configure.in file conatains a lot of
cruft used for plib/SimGear. We might wind up using some of that but for
now Boris is working on a simpler version. If plib and Simgear is on
your system you can use the *big* version.

All there already - I just pointed configure to the correct paths.

Next go to the ATC directory /usr/local/src/ATC-0.1 and build and
install. Again, depending on your system configurations you can try

aclocal
automake
autoconf
./configure

I think I'm a victim of some of that cruft - configure is failing here with:

configure: error: conditional "ENABLE_XMESA_FX" was never defined.
Usually this means the macro was only invoked conditionally.

Yes, more and likely. ATM there is no need for any sort of opengl library or graphics capability or plib/Simgear. Odds are some of those libraries will be used but you can comment all that stuff out for now. Plus there may be some macros or "other things" that happen between "aclocal_to_make" that I (quite honestly) don't fully understand. So things work on my system and may fail on others.

When and if this becomes a living, breathing project all those items need to
be dealt with and cleaned up

OK, I had chance to have a look at configure.in and removed the section causing the problem - I've got the binaries built now, all start up ok, but the master segfaults when a pilot or controller connects:

Starting program:
/archive/Mirror/flightgear/OpenATC/ATC-0.1/src/Master/master
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 11705)]
Socket created - bound to address: IP:Any:29002
UDP receive buffer size set to 32768.
UDP send buffer size set to 32768.
UDP socket non-blocking IO set.  UDP socket initialized.
Master Server created - listening on port 29002

----

Then you start the client:

Pilot started - master is at IP:192.168.127.5:29002.
Socket created - bound to address: IP:Any:32770
UDP receive buffer size set to 32768.
UDP send buffer size set to 32768.
UDP socket non-blocking IO set.  UDP socket initialized.
Connecting to master server at IP:192.168.127.5:29002
Client puzzle solved in 147 ms.
----

And the master falls over:

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 11705)]
0x080a3e68 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x080a3e68 in ?? ()
#1  0x400e0974 in __dynamic_cast (from=0x80a3e68,
    to=0x807b740 <typeinfo for TNL::Object>, require_public=134723644,
    address=0x0, sub=0xbfffefb8, subptr=0x4000a490)
    at ../../gcc-2.95.3/gcc/cp/tinfo2.cc:282
#2  0x08056613 in TNL::NetConnectionRep::create (
    name=0xbfffeb80 "MasterServerConnection") at netConnection.cpp:50
#3  0x0805c458 in TNL::NetInterface::handleConnectRequest (this=0x809a520,
    [EMAIL PROTECTED], stream=0xbffff030) at netInterface.cpp:762
#4  0x0805b11f in TNL::NetInterface::processPacket (this=0x809a520,
    [EMAIL PROTECTED], pStream=0xbffff030) at netInterface.cpp:462
#5  0x0805affb in TNL::NetInterface::checkIncomingPackets (this=0x809a520)
    at netInterface.cpp:422
#6  0x08049cc6 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffff7f4) at main.cpp:667
(gdb)

--