On Sunday 17 October 2004 02:18 pm, Roy Vegard Ovesen wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've not touched the new submodel.*xx sources yet because I want your
> opinion on how I should implement it into the other configurable systems.
>
> The existing configurable systems are the pitot, static, and vacuum
> systems. These are configured in one configuration file defaulting to
> Aircraft/Generic/generic-systems.xml. I would like to include the
> configuration of submodels in this file also, since submodels might be
> classified as systems.

I think it would be best if the submodel system is moved out of the Systems
directory altogether and made into a subsystem, like the AI manager.  The
only reason I put it with the systems originally is that I first used it to
model a gun.  It quickly became generalized to include smoke, contrails, drop
tanks, etc., and an airplane can have many different submodels now.

If Erik agrees, I can move it over.

Dave