Mathias Fröhlich wrote:

> Sent: 22 October 2004 06:37
> To: FlightGear developers discussions
> Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] status of aircraft carrier
>
> On Donnerstag 21 Oktober 2004 09:11, Vivian Meazza wrote:
> > Yesterday I put together some code which outputs the Lat/Lon/Alt of the
> > hook tip when extended. Norman Vine kindly pointed me at the SG
> conversion
> > function, so I now have output in X,Y,Z. I'm using great chunks of
> submodel
> > code, much of which is redundant in this context, so I need to tighten
> this
> > up. However, I've added the function to the Seafire as a demonstrator.

All done: code outputs X,Y,Z of the hook tip, last iteration and current
iteration. It's transformed for roll, pitch, heading and yaw, and
compensated for compression when in contact with the ground.

I'll send you an update for the Spitfire/Seafire code which Erik has just
put into cvs, together with the necessary source files.

Looking forward to your scenery stuff, and also the hook-wire interaction
logic.