Actually, my grass is green all summer, and so are most of my
neighbors and most businesses. I'm in Michigan and we have no
shortage of water so people like to keep things green. I
sometimes tell my wife not to water so much and that it's OK
to let it brown a little, but it's still green. Look at the
"blue marble" images from NASA and you'll see that the midwest
is much greener than other parts of the US. There are really
maybe 2 months when the "wild" grassy areas really turn brown
at all around here.

-Paul

Erik Hofman wrote:

It's actually quite understandable. Grass is green in spring. In the other seasons grass is mostly brown or yellow. Only in places like The UK and The Netherlands where there can be quite some rain even during the summer grass _might_ stay green a little longer.

Erik