On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:46:38 +1000, Nick wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> > Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 22:13:56 +0100
> > From: Lee Elliott
> > On Thursday 21 October 2004 22:47, Jon S Berndt wrote:
> > > Would it be "grumpy" of me to suggest that we try a little
> > > harder to trim quotes when replying with quotes? I've noticed
> > > that there are several emails today with 100 to 200 lines of
> > > quoted material, followed by anywhere from a few lines to ten
> > > or so. Over time, this stuff builds up...
> > >
> > > Jon
> >
> > It's not grumpy:)
> >
> > Generally, I _do_ tend to [snip..]...
> >
> > but it also depends on what else I might be thinking about,
> > something that happened at work today, what I'm planning to do
> > tomorrow, who was it who said..., I wonder why?..., now what did
> > i just forget to do?... not to mention intoxication states...
>
> Serendipitously, I just wrote on this to the User list.
>
> If you get the Digest, there is no threading, and you are trying to
> follow multiple conversations at once.  For me, snipping, and reading
> replies that are interspersed within the message, are a Good Thing
> (tm).

..and is properly done if you for each of the multiple discussions in
the digest, trim off the excess fat contained in the other conversations
and add in your response to this one, and send that off and repeat for
the next discussion.  Here, I see no need to snip, as this message
can serve as a summary.  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: