> Yep. I guess this means that the "ground" position and velocity
> vectors will need to be passed in to the FDMs. I'd also recommend
> against passing in orientation and rotational velocity vectors at the
> moment - first do the steady level case.

Yes, I'm a believer in getting something simple working first.  In this case,
for a non-pitching, non-rolling carrier, we only need to send two additional
numbers (ground height is already sent from FG, so the FDM won't know whether
it's getting ground height and deck height, and won't care).  The numbers are
something like deck_velocity_east and deck_velocity_north.

The FDM can build a deck velocity vector from this, constraining
deck_velocity_down to 0.0 for now.

Dave