On Mittwoch 27 Oktober 2004 23:01, David Culp wrote:
> > Yep. I guess this means that the "ground" position and velocity
> > vectors will need to be passed in to the FDMs. I'd also recommend
> > against passing in orientation and rotational velocity vectors at the
> > moment - first do the steady level case.
>
> Yes, I'm a believer in getting something simple working first.  In this
> case, for a non-pitching, non-rolling carrier, we only need to send two
> additional numbers (ground height is already sent from FG, so the FDM won't
> know whether it's getting ground height and deck height, and won't care).
> The numbers are something like deck_velocity_east and deck_velocity_north.
>
> The FDM can build a deck velocity vector from this, constraining
> deck_velocity_down to 0.0 for now.
I am currently working on that stuff together with Vivian Meazza.

There is a proof of concept code available at the moment.
I sent this privatly to him because of the mail size limit on this list.

This case kind of works for the arrester wires. The braking force is just
hacked into the gear code. But this is just to be able to test.

At first I think we sould build up the environment in flightgear to make that
work. Later implement the physics in more detail.

   Greetings

           Mathias

--
Mathias Fröhlich, email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]