On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:51:52 -0400, Ampere wrote in message
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks for helping me out on this problem.  So far, I have tried:
> - compiling agpgart as builtin and as a module
> - compiling with and without DRM
> - enabling and disabling the "useinternalagpart" in XF86Config-4
> - using either XF86Config-4 generated by fglrxconfig, or that
> generated by dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
> - removing xlibmesa and reinstalling it
> - removing xserver-xfree86 and reinstalling it
> - removing and recompiling the fglrx modules
> - removing and reinstalling the fglrx drivers
> (There is no enabling/disabling "USB loading for DOS" in my BIOS)
>
> This is the order at which I load the modules in /etc/modules:
> rtc
> agpgart
> intel-agp
> fglrx
>
> Other information:
>
> I think I am using unstable right now.  Originally, I installed Debian
> as Sarge.  But I have changed the apt sources to use unstable/main and
> ran apt-get dist-upgrade.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ uname -a
> Linux localhost 2.6.8 #1 Sat Oct 23 11:48:00 EDT 2004 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> XFree86 Version 4.3.0.1
>
> I have attached the output from dmesg | grep fglrx, lsmod, lspci
> -vvvv, XFree86.0.log as well as my current Kernel Config in a Zip
> file.

..according to your lspci -vvvvv, you have both an ATI card and an Intel
82845G/GL[Brookdale-G] integrated card, and AFAICT, a propeller head
driver from ATI telling your box fairy tales on seeing your Intel card.

..lose that ATI driver, use a fresh kernel, they have the DRI drivers,
and retry X setup.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: