"Curtis L. Olson" wrote:

> FlightGear code generally parses on white space rather than column
> position so I would suspect we'd be ok, however I can't guarantee 100%
> success.  What is the purpose of 6 digit codes?

Apparently there are two sorts of ICAO (OACI) codes in France. Those
whose format is pretty common to us:

  http://www.fna.asso.fr/_fichiers/france2.pdf

.... and something that was new to me - until this morning:

  http://www.fna.asso.fr/_fichiers/france1.pdf

These 6-digit codes are not that uncommon in France, if you google for

  St. Avold LF5723

then you'll actually find several hits for airfields that are nowhere
else associated with any other ICAO code,

Martin.