Aaron Wilson wrote:
Curtis,
Thanks for the insight into the coordinate systems. I am planning on accounting for a sloped runway via the runway vector. The cross product of the aircraft's velocity vector with the runways vector (which should point in the direction of the slope) will give you a vector to rotate about and angle to rotate can be calculated from the dot product. However, the runways are only have a center point. How does does FlightGear determine the slope? More specifically how can I get the four corners of the runway with the accurate slope?

Runways aren't just flat sloping planes though - the slope may not be constant. Several runways have a hump in the middle, or a slope at just one end. There was a mail from curt a few days ago which explained how airfields are created and laid over the terrain data.

--
Jon Stockill