Still no luck with direct rendering.  If I use the one from XFree86, direct
rendering will get enabled, but the framerate is so poor that even my i810
can beat it.  If I use the one from fglrx, it is error after error after
error.  Sigh... and I thought ATI is supposed to be Linux-friendly?!

Any idea what the following means?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
name of display: :0.0
libGL error: XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable returned falselibGL error:
XF86D
RIQueryDirectRenderingCapable returned falsedisplay: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: No

Also, in the XFree86.0.log, this keeps coming up:
(EE) fglrx(0): [agp] could not determine AGP since mode=0x00000000

I did some googlings but I couldn't find anything related to this problem that
I am having.

Thanks in advance,
Ampere