"Ampere K. Hardraade" wrote:
> Still no luck with direct rendering.  If I use the one from XFree86, direct
> rendering will get enabled, but the framerate is so poor that even my i810
> can beat it.  If I use the one from fglrx, it is error after error after
> error.  Sigh... and I thought ATI is supposed to be Linux-friendly?!

Things have changed a bit these days, but the r200 chip is still one of
the best supported GPU's in the OpenSource world. The problem on _your_
computer is not ATI's fault:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> libGL error: XF86DRIQueryDirectRenderingCapable returned falselibGL [...]
                                                           ^^^^^^^^^^
And:

> Also, in the XFree86.0.log, this keeps coming up:
> (EE) fglrx(0): [agp] could not determine AGP since mode=0x00000000
       ^^^^^
As Fred already posted: You still appear to have different flavours of
OpenGL libaries as well as different DRI drivers on your box. You still
try to use the 'fglrx' and apparently you have libGL that doesn't match
your DRI driver - whichever you try to use.

You'd probably want to clean up all the fglrx/DRI stuff and reinstall
the necessary parts,

Martin.