On Monday 08 November 2004 10:13, Richard Bytheway wrote:
> I have noticed that there are files in the MD11 model which have the same
> name on a system with a case insensitive filesystem:

To the best of my knowledge, this duplication was introduced when Erik changed
the original upper case names to lower case, because I thought the upper case
filenames might give problems on windows systems, or something like that.
But, on case-sensitive OSses (such as my trustworthy linux station). The 3ds
model file expects all upper case texturefile names, which is why they were
changed back to their original state.

I guess the lower case files remained in CVS, but I'm not sure about that.
Maybe Erik can enlighten us?

Cheers,
Durk