> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 17:42:37 +0100, Melchior FRANZ
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > * Curtis L. Olson -- Monday 08 November 2004
> 16:22:
> > > To be fair, X-Plane does some things that are a
> lot nicer than FG.
> > > Also, our Mac support is woefully inadequate
> (mostly because we have
> > > precious few Mac developers on board.)  The
> original poster was
> > > referencing the Mac platform and I think his
> comments were entirely fair.
> >
> Just to make myself more clear. I like FlightGear.
> It's a great
> simulator. I just like X-Plane better because it's
> of better quality
> and a more mature product. Especially on OSX :)
>  The fact that I can't build the latest source
> without problems I
> don't know how to fix just adds to the reasons but
> is not the reason.

Arthur,

When you get FlightGear up and running on your Mac OSX
system please post a good install/compile HOWTO on the
web. I'm also a Mac OSX user and tried several months
ago to compile the latest FG release, but ran in to
numerous problems and never have found the time to sit
down and try again.

I'd like to do some development work on FG with
regards to building a good thermal model for soaring
enthusists, but my other option besides my G4 laptop
is the 550 Mhz PIII with Win2000 and that's a pain for
a variety of other reasons.

Thanks

Jeff