Curtis L. Olson writes:

> Paul Kahler wrote:
>
> > Melchior FRANZ wrote:
> >
> >> * Paul Kahler -- Sunday 14 November 2004 15:57:

> >> No. A problem of fixing his code that is in SimGear already. Your are
> >> hereby invited to submit patches.  :-}
> >

> > I just knew my message would result in my nomination to do the job :-)
> > I suggested it to the list because I don't have time for such a big
> > job. I might have time to make improvements though if it's already
> > working to some extent. After I get my new PC (before year end) I may
> > just start poking around in the code. Don't hold your breath though,
> > if someone else wants to look at it, don't wait for me.
>
> The current state of things is a lot of bandaids, bubble gum, duct tape,
> and wishful thinking to try to get them to sort of work together ... or
> at least try to keep the 3d cloud code from stepping on the FlightGear
> rendering code too hard.

It really isn't all that bad, after all the code is all isolated in one place
and
therefore the *expensive* state switching code is only done once per frame.

IMO The biggest problem is that none of us have takem the time to really
understand Mark's scenegraph and since there is no pbuffer support in
PLIB it is rather difficult to translate into a native FGFS style.

Cheers

Norman