Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=147&topic_id=172700&mode=full

I don't think that it looks too realistic either - but doing it that way, could probably simplify things like dynamically created road traffic - particularly interesting at night ...

I seem to remember there was even a sourceforge project for a road
traffic simulator based on specific types of road segments that could
be put together abitrarily - possibly also based on vmap data, the
screenshots of the road design/alignment looked very similar, though :-)

But that's probably only a cosmetical issue ...

--------
Boris