On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 22:46:55 +0100
Erik Hofman wrote:

> I wouldn't know. I was never able to test it because I have one x86
> machine and one MIPS machine. The difference in handling of the structs
> prevented me from testing the network byte order issue.

Actually, I've seen it work with a FDM running on a SGI machine (Octane)
sending values to FG on a (x86) PC. You have to be careful about
byte-order (convert to network byte-order), and if you're using C
instead of C++, remove any "enum" in the struct, because they're not
actually in the data structure of each element. You can check the size
of the struct at each end if you want to be sure the network data
packets have the same format everywhere.

--
Jorge Van Hemelryck