Roy Vegard Ovesen wrote:
On Tuesday 23 November 2004 18:05, Melchior FRANZ wrote:

No, I take that back. Mouse properties are (like kbd * js bindings)
fixed at the beginning. min/max can't easily be changed afterwards,
and I don't feel like re-writing the whole input module. Better set
the default to +/- 5m.

You can include only the required axis bindings in your aircraft *-set.xml file, like this (for the default cessna):
[...]
This will override the settings in mice.xml, but it will only override the settings that are defined here, so all the existing modes in mice.xml are used. As I said earlier it will be a lot of work to do this to every aircraft model.

Please correct me if I am wrong:

        - There are only two parameters that are a/c specifc: min/max ?
        - The tags for custom bindings remain basically identical ?

If the above is true to some extent, my suggestion for a temporary
workaround would be to use an external file that takes care of
the bindings, but uses parameters taken from the property tree
instead of fixed values:

I have done something very similar when I needed to add support for
dynamic layer positioning (to be able to use nasal code to re-position
layers based on certain actions), by using a <property> child instead
of a fixed value within the <x/> or <y/> tags.

So, one could think about using one general bindings file that's
included by the *-set.xml files - that way each aircraft could
put its min/max values directly into the right location within
the property tree.

What do you think, am I still missing the point ? :-)

---------
Boris