Erik Hofman wrote:

Paul Surgeon wrote:

First we need to get away from "single line taxiways".
At the moment taxiways are handled like runways which limits them to rectangular shapes.

What would be nice is to be able to use AC3D files (for example) as taxiway imports (for example by handling it as 2D maps and skip the y-axis information), then we may and up with something like this:

http:/www.ehtw.info/images/layout.jpg

There's no reason why taxidraw (with a bit of hacking) couldn't draw a 3d view of the data ... and export it in various formats. It would be some effort, but wouldn't be rocket science.

Curt.