Chuck Cole wrote:

Also, I uncommented out a line in the code in the process() method to print
out the size of the buffer that is being sent.  According to this statement,
the size of the buffer (or the class structure in this case) is 640 bytes.
However, when I do the same thing on my side to print out the size of the
structure I should be receiving, I get 632 bytes.  If I manually calculate
what the size should be, giving 4 bytes for longs, 8 bytes for doubles, I
get 632.  I don't know where the extra 8 bytes come from.

632 bytes us called a packed structure. Unpacked structures are aligned to the platform (64-bit or 32-bit aligned, often leaving "holes" in the structure to align them properly.

Erik

--
We have offshored my rockband Void,
and we are highly popular in India.