Chris Metzler schrieb:

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 09:46:00 +0200
Paul Surgeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there anyway of stopping the inner marker sound going off whenever starting at an airport on the runway?

This is a bug I presume because I do not know of any inner markers
located directly on the runway thresholds and it stops once the sim is
loaded.

I have to turn my sound down when starting FG, it's so loud.

Just to follow up on this -- I can't confirm this; it doesn't happen for me. But it does happen for people other than Paul; there've been users coming into the #flightgear IRC channel asking about how to fix this.

I can confirm it under Windows (haven't tried Linux though)

It even played when I had the old sound card driver and FGFS didn't start (see older threads).

CU,
Christian