Martin Spott wrote:

Arnt Karlsen wrote:

..willco. Anyone tried setup a scenery or terrasync server box on your lan's?

Well, I store the whole base package related stuff on my NFS server,

Storing binaries, or the base package, or the world scenery on an NFS server (or samba server) should work just fine. You can think about trading local disk space for network bandwidth and load speeds. You could also think about the scenery loading thread not needing to do any work spinning the local disk drive and waiting for data if the scenery is on a network share. This could be a big factor on an IDE based system. I don't know if this has any actual advantages one way or the other necessarily, but it's something to think about if you are tweaking performance.

Curt.