Paul Surgeon wrote:

Would there be any objections if I added an extra field ("installed") to Airports/basic.dat ?

What I want to do is keep a list of airports that are available world wide as well as those that are actually installed.

I can either do it that way or I can create a new file containing installed airports but then I would have to cross reference between the two files.

I'd prefer to keep the contents of $fg_root/data read only, or at least not have the app modify anything in there. I think this should be handled some other external way. How would his field be updated for the average user?

Curt.