Do 3D models use a "normalized" range to model aerosurface rotation, or actual
degree
magnitude? I've been looking at the JSBSim flight control code and the addition
of the
code that "normalizes" aerosurface (elevator, aileron, etc.) rotation positions
confuses
the code, and appears to only be relevant to 3D modeling.

It was my opinion that rotations are done using actual degree measurement -
that is, you
can't specify an angular rotation in a range of 0 to 1 and have it mean
anything at all. A
rotation needs to be done over an angular range that is known, such as degrees
or radians.

I'd like to remove the code that normalizes angular measurement, but I am told
that
FlightGear requires normalized angular measurement, which seems, on teh surface,
ridiculous. At the very least, I'd like to move the normalization code out of
our flight
controls code and into the flightgear interface code, since it appears to be a
requirement
of FlightGear only.

Jon