Hi,

Control law block diagrams I have seen take stick input in pounds force (pilot
inputs) and
output in degrees to actuators. I've never seen one that output control
commands to an
aerosurface actuator in a range from 0 to 1. Have you?

I have seen (and I've seen more than few) control law diagrams taking some generalized input (0-1 range), taking target speed, or attitude, or something,... but havent seen any, taking as a input force that pilot has to produce. Could you pls give some pointers? I'd like to take a look; it's never to late to learn something new :)

As far as the force in the stick is of concern, I've seen exactly
oposite situation: one has position of the stick, speed of the stick,
dynamic properties of the linkage, and all data from FDM. Using those as
input, force to be produced on the stick is calculated, and generated.

By "natural" I mean that it's: the most commonly seen angular command unit for
aerosurfaces, that it's what is used by the rendering routines to rotate 3D
objects, that
it completely specifies the commanded angular position without the need for a
range (a
range of 0 to 1 by itself specifies nothing without the definition of what the
maximum
is - there is no standard here for that), and much aero data is
non-dimensionalised using
degrees (or radians, see below). So, sorry, but based on the above description,
for this
application, yes, degrees are "natural".

Ok, I see your point as: natural --> most common.

But IMO, degrees are wrong choice; in that case I would use radians. After all, isn't the standard that RAD-ians are used deep in CPU math unit, meaning "the need for yet another conversion"?

best regards, Gordan