Dave Martin wrote:

Just wondering if the C172P is supposed to represent a specific model year?

I've come to the point of placing a landing light on the aircraft but the location is different between early 172s; in the wing with a taxi light and late 172Ps (early 80's) where it is located in the nose with no taxi light.

I did notice that there is a 'taxi light' switch but which way do you think I should go?

Hi Dave,

In the absence of anyone with a strong opinion, I think consistency is the most important thing to focus on. In an open source project it's generally it's the people doing the work that get to make the big decisions, so if no one writes back with a compelling argument either way, go with what you think is best. Once you pick a year or a model, try your best to keep everything consistent for that year.

Best regards,

Curt.

Unique text: 2f585eeea02e2c79d7b1d8c4963bae2d