Jon Berndt said:

> Do 3D models use a "normalized" range to model aerosurface rotation, or
actual degree
> magnitude? I've been looking at the JSBSim flight control code and the
addition of the
> code that "normalizes" aerosurface (elevator, aileron, etc.) rotation
positions confuses
> the code, and appears to only be relevant to 3D modeling.

And the Simgear 3D animation code is all about taking those normalized values
and translating them to a representation of degrees movement.  On the surface,
this doesn't make sense to me either.

Changing this on the FlightGear end and making the other FDMs compatible is
quite a task though.  The biggest part...I think...would be fixing the ac
animations after all the FDMs were in sync.

Best,

Jim