On Saturday, 18 December 2004 04:32, Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
> I agree.  If there is room for improvement with the current GUI, then we
> should continue to use it.

This is a big issue for me at the moment.
It is VERY hard to do anything to the FG menu system without stepping on a
least three people's toes at the same time.

Half the problem I face is that the current XML system is useless for anything
beyond the trivial combo box, checkbox type stuff.
For instance how can I load a combo box with new contents when something in
another combo box is selected? i.e. Dynamic content.
Also some of the stuff I want to do requires a bit of OpenGL work which is not
possible with the current XML driven menu system.

I would love to get everything into FG but separate launchers are so much
easier to code since you don't have to please everyone and explain your
motivation and reasoning for every single line of code.

Coding a better interface is the easy part - it's getting everyone to agree on
the changes that is the show stopper.

Paul