Paul Surgeon wrote:

I would love to see all the FG core stuff going that route - one network capable API that everything can work through including FG itself.
As far as I can see FG looks like it's already half way there.

I have been working on extending the property code to add an SGRemoteProperty class to access properties on a remote host instead of locally. Most of the tree is cached locally, but queering the value of the end-node is done through a socket connection.

I have this sort of working (but need more debugging). Unfortunately I got detracted by political issues (which went great BTW. It looks like my local airport is saved) and didn't do much programming ever since.

Next to the SGRemotePropertyNode I've also been considering queering multiple properties in one shot, instead of one by one.

Erik