Ampere K. Hardraade wrote:
When I am modelling airliners, I always put the engines in a seperated model file. This way, I can swap out the engines without touching the main model.

My question is: what should I do in order to have one animation code that works for all engines? For example: I have one XML file for the engine; how can I make it so that the same script will work on engine 1, 2, 3, and 4, all with different N1 and N2?

I don't think that is possible right now because you somehow need to pass that information to the configuration file.

As a side question, what are N1 and N2?

N1 is the compressor (and fan) rotational speed N2 is the turbine rotational speed

Erik