On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:53:49 -0500, Norman Vine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> SSG is certainly not propriatary in any reasonable man's vocabulary !!

You need to distinguish open specs from open formats.  For example,
MSIE is closed source but uses open formats (HTML, CSS, etc.); Open
Office is open source but uses proprietary formats (file formats that
they developed themselves and no one else uses).

I wouldn't bother with Esperanto, but at least I'd prefer a language
like English that people other than me use.

Anyway, my original point was that whether you agree or disagree, you
were being a little loose with the accusation of FUD against Curt.
He's making a legitimate point, not trying to mislead people into
doubting plib.

All the best,

David

--