These issues have been brought up before but I decided to refresh everyone's
memory seeing as XP users keep coming to the IRC channel and asking the same
questions over and over again.

1. The --disable-sound option needs fixing
OpenAL should not be initialized at all if that option is specified.
This issue really becomes a problem when XP users who have outdated sound
drivers cannot disable the sound in FG just to see how it runs.

2. I feel that we need to think about a better method of logging errors and
messages for windows users who don't normally use a console.
A pop up dialog with the error messages works quite well in my opinion and it
seems to be a pretty standard way of dealing with critical information under
windows.
wxWidgets has some nice logging features that we could mimic like being able
to log to different locations based on the platform. (stderr, streams, gui,
a widget inside app, null)

Paul