[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I have a problem installing the newest (0.3.8-pre1) simgear sources on my
> FreeBSD 5.3 system.
> ./configure cannot find the openal libs, but the openal freebsd package
> (version 20040816) is installed. The libs are in /usr/local/lib.

Last time I checked (23rd December) everything worked fine wirh current
CVS - I don't have any idea if something relevant changed in the
meantime. I typically use the OpenAL "port" and plib (plus the patches
from the "port"), SimGear and FlightGear from CVS. I use this small
script in order to configure the sources:

  ftp://ftp.uni-duisburg.de/FlightGear/configure

and it works fine for me,

Martin.
P.S.: "cvslogs" typically is not the name of a mailing list for
      individual postings.