> The problems were twofold:
>
> 1) I was not correctly allowing for split chunks (multiple data() calls).
> 2) I need to have table data as it is, now.
>
> Almost fixed. But, the kids are up and it's time for breakfast...
>
> Jon

OK, I fixed the problem. Here's what I do now in FGXMLParse (my
XMLVisitor-derived class):

startElement():

Here I simply set the working string to the null string.

data():

Here I append the string that is passed in to the current working string,

  working_string += string(s, length);

endElement():

Here is where more work is done. When execution gets to here, the working
string could be
composed of several lines (with embedded spaces and newlines). I work through
this string,
finding each line until there are no more lines.

Jon