On Saturday 01 Jan 2005 17:38, David Megginson wrote:
> Happy 2005 to everyone in the FlightGear community!
>
> Here's a high-resolution picture of the Garmin-1000-based panel on the
> new Diamond TwinStar, one of my dream aircraft (it rececently crossed
> the Atlantic non-stop from Canada to Spain burning less than USD
> 200.00 worth of fuel).  Anyone aircraft model designers ready to take
> this one on?
>
> http://www.diamond-air.at/Pressebilder/DA42TwinStar/Panel/tn/DA42panel_high
>.jpg.html
>

> All the best,
>

> David

I think that would be an extremely hard aircraft to produce.

The visual model is easy enough but the panel is a different matter.

That kind of complexity of systems is probably impossible for a 3d cockpit
(lack of usable font system?).

Also, it would need someone to model the gearbox and FADEC for the turbodiesel
engines (includes autopitch etc).

I'm by no means saying its not doable; it'd just be stinking hard to do
*well* ;-)

Dave Martin