Curtis L. Olson schrieb:
>> A bit more interesting is the high-res (4500x5800 pixel) shaded picture
>> of New Zealand.
>>
>> But I wonder what the smoothed stuff around Milford Sound is.
>>
>> Probably it's due to shading/reflections of the radar beam. Milford
>> Sound is a fjord, where you have drops from ~2000 Meters stright down to
>> the sea! (Oh, and they have very tasty crayfish in there that I had the
>> pleasure to catch while scubadiving...)
>>
>> When will be the secenery for New Zealand be created? So we can have a
>> look at the data at Milford ourselfs.
>>
>> Ah, there's also an airport at Milfors Sound, that can be a great
>> starting point:
>> http://www.world-airport-codes.com/new-zealand/milford-sound-airport-4721.html
>>

>> (It must be a spectacular flight to and from Milford Sound)
>>

> Not yet officially announced, but try:
>
>    http://www.flightgear.org/Downloads/scenery-0.9.7.html

Thanks!

Milford Airport is known by FGFS as "NZMF - Milfors Sound". The view is
- -as expected- great!

A real world picture out of a plane:
http://www.glenorchy.net.nz/pix/milford.jpg

But there's a scenery bug: The airport has 2 holes (fore some reason a
river runs through it in the scenery) *and* the runway has a significant
slope, so takeoff is quite hard.

There are also a few other bugs in the secenery, but they are due to
wrongly aligned data. So we probably can't do anything about that.

It's surprisingly difficult to find a map. The best I could do:
http://www.doc.govt.nz/images/Southland/Marine-Res/Milford-MarineRes.jpg

This shows how the setup should be

CU,
Christian