On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:44:23 +0200, Paul Surgeon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The 3 letter FAA airport codes have been prepended with a K but they never
> used to be.
> e.g. C83 now equals KC83

Canada has done that officially -- all Canadian airport codes are now
four-letter ICAO codes starting with 'C', even the ones for tiny grass
strips or floatplane bases.  The last I checked, though, the US had
not yet done the same (even though it owns the prefix 'K', so could
easily do so with no conflicts); only the airports that had proper
IATA codes now have ICAO codes, as far as I can tell.

Robin's database should use ICAO codes where available, of course;
sooner or later, the US will switch over all its airports officially,
so KC83 will be a real identifier, but they're not quite there yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IATA_airport_code
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICAO_airport_code

All the best,

David