On Sunday 16 January 2005 21:54, D Luff wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 20:27:10 -0000
>
> Agreed.  I had a look at some of it recently with a view to automatically
> starting on the into the wind runway with real-weather.  At the moment it
> can't be done, since real-weather is dependent on position, and I'm trying
> to introduce the counter-dependency as well.  What I think needs to happen
> is to init approx location first, then init the environment, then init
> exact location.

David, as I mailed to you off-list (but probably not yet to FlightGear-devel),
I'm working on extending the airport code. Part of the new code is going to
be a function that returns the active runway for a specific airport.

So, I guess, initialization could be something like (in pseudo code):
1) get airport
2) airport->get weather
3) airport/weather->getActiveRunway
4) user->init  at active runway